You have no items in your shopping cart.
Are you Starving to Lose Weight?
It is never too late to alter your thoughts on your diet plan and make new and realistic health decisions. It is the right time to take stock of the situation. Ask yourself: Are you being fair to yourself when you make these strict guidelines of diet and exercise?
Most people shudder at the thought of dieting and exercising, particularly on a cold winter morning. And for all those people who are fed up of diet dictums, the good news is that the best way to lose weight is not to diet or deny yourself of all the good things in life. If this sounds too good to be true, wait till you attempt this.
Wellness, the latest catchword to hit the health industry – it is actually what I believe is the best way forward for a consistent healthy lifestyle. Most people who plan strict diets do it in the hope that after losing the extra kilos, they will look gorgeous. But the truth is that lifeless sagging skin or loose abdominal muscles are not the result that people want.
What we want is a happy, healthy, slender figure munching an apple. But regrettably, that is not what we end up with. Consequently, after trying to lose weight for the 10th time, it is now time to stop dieting forever and yet look trim.
Wellness is not only about losing weight; it is also about an optimistic attitude and transforming oneself into a holistically healthy individual. This kind of a change in focus will not only result in weight loss but also give you better skin, healthier hair, a radiant persona and best of all, liberty from diets. Here is what the wellness and healthy eating plan entails:
- Understanding your food weaknesses and indulging in them two times a week. (Going cold turkey does not work)
- Maintain a diet log book (what you measure you believe and achieve)
- Select a routine that you enjoy which is like an exercise. This can include such things as dancing, or walking the dog etc.
- Never deny yourself. Always add new healthy habits to the current plan, like having a delicious soup in the evening instead of tea and a yummy salad during lunch with olives, balsamic dressing and some greens and cheese cubes.
- Slow Down! Appreciate your meal. Many people who eat quickly always miss out on the flavours, are left feeling unsatisfied and end up compensating by overindulging.
- Remind yourself! And if all this does not convince you, count the number of times you have struggled through a diet program only to regain the weight with a few extra kilos.
- Observing unhealthy habits and finding substitutions. For instance, if you are prone to drinking too much tea/coffee, substitute some for herbal teas that smell and taste good. If you eat too much of fried food, learn to make toasted snacks or baked snacks, and experiment with new roasted snacks.
- Do not starve or eat less. When we cut down on quantities, our emotional structure reacts, so the best choice is to add healthy foods to the diet before cutting out on food suddenly.
Healthy Liftestyle Balance :)